S&S Coach Co
54 East Main Street, P.O. Box 3071
Lexington, Ohio 44904
Toll Free: 800-544-5714
Local: 419-884-2245 or 419-884-1011
Motor Coach Operator- CDL Class B Driver
S&S Coach Company, Inc. has been family owned and operated for three generations and offers a unique family-like work atmosphere.
Safety is our first priority with service a close second. Our founder served on the original committee to set up the Ohio State safety inspection standards. These standards continue to insure the safety of the Ohio motor coach industry.
S&S Coach has its own full-service garage and our mechanics have 30 and 15 years' experience respectively.
- Must enjoy working with all age groups and cross-country driving.
- Valid Class B CDL with passenger endorsement.
- 2 years verifiable Charter Bus, School Bus or Commercial Driving Experience and/ or Certified Training Program.
- Clear MVR and no Felony or Sexual Convictions.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screening and background check.
- Professional manner and appearance with flexible and positive attitude possessing good organizational and time management skills.
- Willing and able to abide by Federal, State and local regulations and Company policy including random drug and alcohol screenings and attendance to mandatory meetings.
- Smooth operational skills with excellent defensive driving skills, willing and able to treat our motorcoaches as if they are your own.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English, read maps, maintain expense and mileage records, complete incident reports when necessary, load and unload luggage, assist with passenger boarding and disembarking.
- Ability to perform daily pre and post trip motor coach inspections, loading and unloading passenger luggage including items up to 50 pounds without assistance, assist passengers with embarking and diembarking at each stop and with emergency evacuation, perform house keeping tasks each evening and as needed on overnight and longer trips and perform basic maintenance and repair such as replacing belts, fuses and light bulbs, adding oil and coolant, and adjusting tire pressure when necessary.
- Must be available for assigned work during peak season months. Drivers are issued a two-week schedule twice a month on payday and additional trips may be added as necessary.
- Motor Coach, school bus or diesel maintenance or repair experience a plus. Customer service or sales experience a plus. Foreign language or sign language skills are a plus.
Drivers are paid a percentage of the trip charges. Trip charges are based on the number of miles driven and hours of use. Full-time and part-time driver pay meets or exceeds area industry median for small business. First company jacket, identification pin and work shirt are provided by the company. DOT Physicals are partially reimbursed. Drivers may receive gratuity from group leaders or passengers on some trips. Many expenses are reimbursed on overnight and longer trips. Company cars and trucks are used by drivers for cross-country trips requiring driver switches. Driver motel rooms are provided by the company or the group. Drivers may receive complementary meals, admission tickets or gift bags at some destinations. Drivers receive pay increases when trip charges are increased and raises at specified time periods throughout employment. Advancement and additional duty opportunities exist.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the application in person at 54 E. Main St, Lexington, OH; Monday–Friday, between 8AM-4:30PM Eastern Daylight Time. Bring your CDL and contact information for the last 10 years including all commercial driving or school employers.
Mailed or emailed resumes must also complete application as federal motor carrier regulations require an application be completed in full by the applicant. To request an application be emailed to you, send an email with the Subject: “Driver’s Application” to Stephanie@sscoach.com. You may mail the original completed in ink to our office with a copy of your current Driver’s License showing you minimally have a Class ‘B’ CDL with a ‘P’ passenger endorsement.
S&S Coach's in-house training program is the foundation of our motor coach program and a crucial factor of our ability to maintain one of the best safety records in the nation. All driver candidates must complete the training program, regardless of previous experience including those who have driven for S&S in the past, to insure uniform knowledge, preparation and service standards.
S&S Coach's mandatory Motor Coach Driver Basic Training is designed to prepare the new Motor Coach driver for the challenges of motor coach driving. The training program includes:
Motor Coach driving fundamentals
Defensive driving techniques
Weather-related driving techniques
Federal and State laws
Company policies and procedures
Accident and emergency procedures
Operation Secure Transport (Security Training including anti-terrorism)
ADA transportation training
S&S Coach holds an annual safety conference that reminds drivers of the dangers and hazards associated with transporting children and adults. Drivers have an opportunity to share experiences and review any changes in Federal or State laws governing motor coach programs.